What procedures are required in receiving my print orders?
The following phases comprise the process of receiving your custom print orders:
- Consultation on the project and design
- Preparation and Approval of Quotes
- Creating and Evaluating Artwork
- Taking samples (upon request)
A professional account manager will assist you with the different procedures. Our sales support staff is available to give extra information and answer any questions you may have.
How can one get a quote for my project work?
You may obtain a customized price quotation by:
- Visiting our ‘Request a Quote Page’ or submitting a quote request on any of the product pages
- Contacting the sales staff via our online Chat feature
- Calling us
- Send an email with your project specifics to email@example.com
A pricing quotation is normally sent within 2-4 working hours for most enquiries. Complex projects may need a quotation time of 24 to 48 hours. Throughout the quoting process, your account manager will keep you informed.
Is there a setup or design cost charged by Vantage-Boxes?
No. Regardless of the amount of your order, we do not charge a setup or plate cost. Your project will be priced at a single flat rate. Please keep in mind that bigger quantity orders result in reduced per-unit pricing due to the efficiency realized by printing larger numbers in a single run.
How can I revise/change or cancel an order that has already been put in?
We can make adjustments to your purchase before the manufacturing process begins. The project may need to be re-estimated depending on the nature of your proposed adjustments, in which case you will get an updated quotation.
Please bear in mind that custom printed things are one-of-a-kind and cannot be reused. In some circumstances, it may be possible to cancel an order throughout the various stages of production, however, cancellation costs will apply based on the quantity and nature of the work that has already been completed. Our customer service agents will educate you of any cancellation expenses. Once an order has completed the fabricating preparation and entered the shipment stage, it cannot be cancelled.
What is the smartest method to upload my artwork for my order?
You might just email your artwork to your account manager. Your account manager will collaborate with our in-house design team to assess the artwork and recommend any technical changes that would improve the printed item’s quality.
What are the general requirements for creating and submitting artwork?
Please review the requirements for general artwork submissions below:
- Please submit your artwork in editable AI, PDF, or EPS formats.
- Please ensure that all fonts are curved and images are embedded before saving your artwork.
- If your artwork includes JPEG or PNG pictures, please make sure they are of better resolution (minimum 300dpi).
Schemes Regarding Color:
- It is critical to pick the appropriate color format. To guarantee that the final printed colors are accurate, always create your artwork in CMYK or Pantone colors.
- RGB color format is exclusively intended for on-screen viewing and is incompatible with color standards used in printing. Please do not create your artwork in RGB.
- Always consider the readability of the required typefaces while choosing fonts.
- Cursive and complex typefaces look great on screen, but they don’t necessarily look great when printed.
- We also advise against using font sizes smaller than 5pt.
Die-lines & Bleeds:
- For any of the goods for which you are developing artwork, you may always request a bespoke template.
- Generally, your artwork should extend at least 1/8 inch (0.125″) beyond the trim line.
- We also propose a 1/4-inch (0.25″) safety margin on both sides to avoid text and other key design components from being chopped off.
Please contact our sales support staff if you have any more artwork queries.
Can I get samples before receiving the bulk order?
Yes, upon request, custom printed samples are available. For a little sampling charge, you may get hard copy copies of your own project. Alternatively, you may request a free sample of one of our previous printed products.
How much time does it take to finish custom print orders?
Depending on the intricacy of the project, orders for hard copy samples might take 6-8 business days to generate. After the final artwork and order parameters have been approved, bulk orders normally complete manufacturing within 10-12 business days. Please keep in mind that these timescales are estimates and may change based on the intricacy of your project and the workload on our manufacturing facilities. During the ordering process, your account manager will go over the manufacturing schedules with you.
We also provide expedited manufacturing strategies to satisfy the needs of urgent projects. Please address any such needs with your account manager if you have certain timeframes that you need to meet.
How long does it take for an order to be delivered after it has been manufactured?
Orders are normally delivered 3-4 business days after they are ordered. Your account manager will keep you updated on the status of your project throughout the manufacturing and delivery stages.
Is it possible to have my order divided into smaller amounts and distributed to various locations?
Yes, your order can be divided and sent to numerous addresses. You can provide additional addresses and amounts to be transported to each place by contacting your account manager.
Is it possible to dispatch print orders internationally?
Yes, we can send it anywhere in the world. Specific requests should be communicated to your account manager. Please keep in mind that foreign orders may incur extra shipping costs, customs fees, and taxes.
How can I update my email address and password?
Please contact customer care if you want to modify the email address linked with your account. Please visit our password reset page to update your password.
Where can I get the details for my prior orders?
Your account profile contains account information as well as prior order history. Please sign in to your account and navigate to the Order History section.